Sunday 5 December 2010

Tropical Zoo


A cool place I checked out recently was the Tropical Zoo in Syon Park in West London. A lot of tropical creatures get smuggled into the UK from abroad and get intercepted at Heathrow. The tropical zoo rescue these animals which include crocodiles, parrots, snakes, scorpions, spiders, monkeys, lizards, fish and many others!
You can walk around and see all these animals up close and then get the chance to hold some of them at a demo at the end. I stroked a croc and different types of lizards. I was too afraid to hold the scorpion and tarantula but I did get to hold a snake. It actually started to strangle me and have to be taken off me!


When you're walking around you can get really up close to the animals too as roam around a little so it is a real experience. I giant tortoise walked straight past me when I walked in and the sloth in the picture was just hanging around eating a cauliflour and came really close so I was able to get that really cool picture.
I am going to go again as I'm hoping next time I will pluck up the courage to try and hold the spider and scorpion much like Mr One Piece! One Piece xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment