Monday 17 May 2010

No Sleep Til Bournemouth!


So 60 Million Postcards in Bournemouth most certainly got the One Piece treatment this month when I DJed at their hip vs glam rock night. DJing alongside Lee7Seven of the Geek Chic Sounsystem I dropped the likes of Motley Crue, KISS, Velvet Revolver, Iron Maiden, Pantera and Def Leppard while Lee spun Beastie Boys, Black Sheep, JStar, ODB and Bel Biv Devoe!

Bel Biv Devoe was literally music to my ears! Not heard that in so long! What a choon! I literally leaped onto the dance floor when I heard that intro. Lee made my night when he played that!

What a night, can't wait for the next ROWYGO!

While in the glorious B Town, I also visited Monkey World and The Aquarium. The chimps were awesome and wanted a kiss from me, while the turtles, stingrays and sharks were too cool! Definitely worth a look if you're ever down in that part of the world! The beach was a tiny bit of a wash out sadly but I still managed to head to the pier and have a couple of rides on the helter skelter!

Two other cool nights I checked out when I was down there was Dollyrocker at The Winchester which played retro grooves, psychedelia, funk and soul and also We are your Friends: The Bloc Party. WAYF took over a load of clubs in Bournemouth, a bit like their version of the Camden Crawl or Stag and Dagger and boasted a line up including Utah Saints, Toddla T, Eddie Temple Morris, DJ Derek, Thomas Tantrum, Chew Lips, Tosh Ohta, Geek Chic Soundsystem featuring Lee7Seven, Shab Ruffcut Pony Up DJs (featuring my pal from uni Bonnie!) plus many more awesome DJs and bands!

Tiring work this partying but most definitely worth it! Bournemouth Rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment